Monday, August 11, 2014

All Kinds of Crafty

I've been busy with all kinds of craft projects lately.  In addition to making 2 diaper bags this week, I've also done these craft projects:
 
EG will be turning 3 soon, so we've been painting and decorating a 3 for her photo shoot and then her wall (We made a 2 last year and the picture with her holding it hangs in her room with the 2 hanging above it). 
 

 
After a trip to the craft store dollar bins for some finishing touches, we have a finished product.  I will probably use some hot glue to add a ribbon to hang it on the wall closer to her birthday.  But for her 3 year photos, I don't want the ribbon on it.  It will also make a great decoration at her 3rd birthday party, since the theme is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and this looks an awful lot like Katerina Kittykat's color scheme (especially when she is wearing her pink tutu).

 


I found a great deal on rolls of chalkboard sticky vinyl on Tanga.com.  I've been finding all kinds of uses for it.  The original idea was for our toddler's wall for coloring.  But so far, I've found 3 other places to use it:

1.  I stuck an 8x10 rectangle of it to the door to the garage and placed a frame over it.  This will be for messages and reminders before heading out the door.  I found the frame in the frame drawer (yes we have a frame drawer) and took the glass and back off of it.  This particular frame was made by my grandfather and I've been wanting a way to use it, but the back didn't stay on it very well, so it was a little dangerous to hang on the wall with glass in it.  It also has a little ledge inside for the chalk to sit on.






2.  I found another old frame in our frame drawer and stuck the vinyl to the outside of the glass.  Now it sits in our guest room to say welcome.
 

3.  I took a small square of it and stuck it to the top of the washing machine.  This will make it easier to remember what is in the washer that should not go into the dryer, for me and for EOP, who doesn't always remember that everything doesn't go in the dryer.
 
I'm sure I can come up with many more ways to use this stuff.  The possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

  1. I love the crafts! I like the chalkboard tape, especially the washer idea. M has the same forgetful memory about clothes that need to line dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come up with more ways to use the chalk board, there will be another blog about it in the future!

    ReplyDelete