Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lemon Frosting and Lasting Friendships

I am going to a party tomorrow for my dear friend Janell.  She is a friend I made when I lived in Mt. Pleasant and volunteered with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at CMU.  But I really got to know her well after she joined a small group Bible Study I was in from Mt. Pleasant Community Church.  This small group was one of my favorite things about living in Mt. Pleasant.  We were/are like family.  We celebrated much together and endured many hardships as a group.  We are still celebrating and enduring together even though we don't all live in the MP area anymore - they are some of my besties.

So Janell now lives in Phoenix and I don't get to see her nearly as much.  But whenever I get down there or she comes home to visit her family and friends, we try to hang out.  This time, it is in the form of a fun dinner party at Kelley's.




Last time I went to Trader Joe's (only one of my favorite places ever), they had a sample of their lemon frosting, which is just Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Cheese mixed together.  I really liked it and bought right into their little scheme.  So now I have the ingredients for frosting and nothing to frost. 







Enter this little gem of a recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies.  I found a pin on Pinterest for Lemon Crinkle Cookie Sandwiches with Lemon Frosting (ding, ding, ding - we have a winner!)


I made 16 cookie sandwiches, substituting the lemon frosting in the recipe for the Trader Joe's easy lemon frosting, and now I have a dish to pass (minus the 3 tester cookies for our family).  Hope they need a dessert!

P.S. They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment